Old Wolverton and Cosgove Canal
This Pub was originally called The Wharf House on the Old Wolverton Road. It was built in the early 19th century to serve the canal traffic. The wharf was built near the bridge on the Old Wolverton to Newport Pagnell road to allow loading/unloading on the Grand Junction Canal, goods were then placed onto the Stony Stratford to Newport Pagnell road. The "Wharf House" was renamed “The Locomotive Inn”, licensed in 1837 with the coming of the railway and the first passenger station built in 1838 to the south of "the Locomotive". In 1939 the Inn was renamed "The Galleon".
The Locomotive Inn sold Roberts & Wilson's Ivinghoe Brewery Ales.
The Brewery was taken over by Benskins in 1927.
This Pub was originally called The Wharf House, now known as The Galleon.
It is situated on the Grand Union Canal.
There is a sign for Billiards towards the back.
Couple of houses adjacent.